On Campus Housing
Living on campus puts you right in the middle of your Bulldog community! You will be a stone's throw from Highsmith Union, the Dining Hall, Ramsey Library, the Student Recreation Center, the Sherrill Center, and of course your classes!
Aside from the convenience of living on campus, our residence halls offer lots of amenities to make your home at UNC Asheville complete -- comfortable rooms, community space, expanded basic cable, direct and wireless internet, inclusive laundry, kitchen and lounge facilities, and computer labs.
Each residence hall provides a unique on campus living experience. Numerous programs and activities are presented throughout the semester by our residential education staff. In addition, our Resident Student Association, together with our Hall Councils provide leadership and involvment opportunities - as well as programs and activities for all residential students.
All first-year students are required to live on campus
All first year students (including transfer and early college students) who are under 21 and have completed less than one full academic year of post-secondary education are required to live on campus. UNC Asheville is committed to a student’s residential experience. Data show that first-year students who live on campus earn better grades and have a more fulfilling college experience. The university encourages all UNC Asheville students to live on campus in order to get the most from college life. (A waiver from the first-year residential requirement can be requested for certain highly extenuating circumstances and are subject to approval by the Dean of Students.) Research shows that students who live on campus are retained at a higher average and perform better academically. Living on campus will provide you with lots of opportunities for learning, growing and meeting new friends. Come create memories with us!
Spring 2014 Semester
- Residence halls will close on Saturday, March 8, at 9 am for Spring Break, and will re-open on Sunday, March 16, at 9 am.
- Residence halls will close for summer break on Wednesday, May 7, at 9 am.
- May Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 10.
Fall 2014 Semester
- Residence halls will open for new incoming freshman on Friday, August 15.
- Residence halls will open for returning students on Saturday, August 16 at 9 am.
Important Phone Numbers
After Hours Residential Education Staff: 828.989.8752
Campus Police: 828.251.6710
Student Health & Counseling Center: 828.251.6520
Residential Education & Housing Operations Office: 828.251.6700
Founders Hall Community Director: 828.250.2371
Governors Hall & Governors Village Community Director: 828.250.3861
Mills Hall Community Director: 828.250.2372
Overlook Hall Community Director: 828.232.2881
South Ridge & West Ridge Community Director: 828.250.2374
The On Campus Advantage
Fall 2014 Room Selection
Room Selection for Fall 2014 is just around the corner! Visit our room selection page for more information about signing up for a room.
- Monday, March 3: Same Room Day - open to any current residential students who wish to remain in the same room.
10 a.m. - 6 p.m. in Overlook Hall Multipurpose Room
- Tuesday, March 4: Rising Junior/Senior and Cluster Day - open to on campus rising juniors and seniors, or to any group of current students (regardless of academic classification) who can fill all spaces in a suite or hall
4 p.m. - 8 p.m. in Overlook Hall Multipurpose Room
- Wednesday, March 5: Current Student Day - open to all current students
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. in Governors Hall 270
- Thursday, March 6: Current Student Day - open to all current students
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. in Governors Hall 270
- March 7 - 16: Spring break
- Monday, March 17 - Friday, March 21: Open to all current students
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. in Governors Hall 270
Homecoming 2014 - Feb. 27 - Mar. 1
Homecoming 2014 is almost here! Join us to celebrate and show your Bulldog pride! Festivities will include the 3rd Annual Nearly Naked Mile, Homecoming Parade & Pep Rally, StepShow, Homecoming Tailgate, Men's & Women's Basketball games, and Homecoming Dance.
Visit the Homecoming 2014 page for details and a complete schedule. Go Bulldogs!