On Campus Housing
Living on campus puts you right in the middle of your Bulldog community! You will be a stone's throw from Highsmith Union, the Dining Hall, Ramsey Library, the Student Recreation Center, the Sherrill Center, and of course your classes!
Aside from the convenience of living on campus, our residence halls offer lots of amenities to make your home at UNC Asheville complete -- comfortable rooms, community space, expanded basic cable, direct and wireless internet, inclusive laundry, kitchen and lounge facilities, and computer labs.
Each residence hall provides a unique on campus living experience. Numerous programs and activities are presented throughout the semester by our residential education staff. In addition, our Resident Student Association, together with our Hall Councils provide leadership and involvment opportunities - as well as programs and activities for all residential students.
All first-year students are required to live on campus
All first year students (including transfer and early college students) who are under 21 and have completed less than one full academic year of post-secondary education are required to live on campus. UNC Asheville is committed to a student’s residential experience. Data show that first-year students who live on campus earn better grades and have a more fulfilling college experience. The university encourages all UNC Asheville students to live on campus in order to get the most from college life. (A waiver from the first-year residential requirement can be requested for certain highly extenuating circumstances and are subject to approval by the Dean of Students.) Research shows that students who live on campus are retained at a higher average and perform better academically. Living on campus will provide you with lots of opportunities for learning, growing and meeting new friends. Come create memories with us!
Fall 2014 Semester
- Residence halls will open for new incoming freshman on Friday, August 15 at 9 am.
- Residence halls will open for returning students on Saturday, August 16 at 9 am.
- Residence halls will close for Thanksgiving break on Wednesday, November 26 at 9 am, and will re-open on Sunday, November 30 at 9 am.
- Residence halls will close for Winter break on Wednesday, December 10 at noon, or 24 hours after your last exam, and will re-open on Sunday, January 11 at 9 am.
Spring 2015 Semester
- Residence halls will close for Spring break on Saturday, March 7 at 9 am, and will re-open on Sunday, March 15 at 9 am.
- Residence halls will close for summer break on Wednesday, May 6 at 9 am, or 24 hours after your last exam.
Important Phone Numbers
After Hours Residential Education Staff: 828.989.8752
Campus Police: 828.251.6710
Student Health & Counseling Center: 828.251.6520
Residential Education & Housing and Student Life Operations Office: 828.251.6700
Founders Hall Community Director: 828.250.2371
Governors Hall & Governors Village Community Director: 828.250.3861
Mills Hall Community Director: 828.250.2372
Overlook Hall Community Director: 828.232.2881
South Ridge & West Ridge Community Director: 828.250.2374