Incoming Student Housing Application
Welcome, future UNC Asheville residents! We are glad that you have chosen on-campus housing for the Fall 2015 – Spring 2016 academic year.
Before you begin the online application process, please review the following information so you are aware how to apply, important deadline, how to update your application, and how and when you will select your assignment.
At this time, it is unlikely that we will be able to house transfer students. We still encourage you to apply and will keep your application on file, and in the event that a space becomes available, we will contact you.
Housing Application Process
- All first time freshmen are required to live on campus.
- To apply for housing, you must be a fully admitted student and have made your $300 enrollment deposit ($150 tuition deposit and $150 housing deposit). The enrollment deposit can take 3-5 days to process. The enrollment deposit must be processed through the University system and appear on your student account before you can apply for housing.
Details and Deadlines
- The priority deadline to submit your housing application is May 1st; however, applications will continue to be accepted throughout the summer.
- By applying early, you will be able to select your room earlier.
- The deadline to select a room is 11:59 pm August 1st. Students who do not self-select will be manually assigned to a space by the Housing Office after August 1st.
- Room changes can be made until 11:59 pm on August 1st. After the deadline of August 1st, room changes will be frozen until the room change period, which will be after the start of the semester. Room changes are based on availability. As the summer goes on, there will be less availability.
- Appointment times for you to select your own room will be emailed to you later this summer, after orientations are completed. Appointment times will begin on Monday, June 29th.
- Review your residence hall options to determine which hall and room type you prefer. You will be required to list 3 preferences. Year-round housing and Governors Village are not open to first time freshmen.
- If you are requesting a specific roommate, make sure you have their University email address. This is what you will use to search for them. As you are completing your application, you will be asked to create a pull-in PIN. This is what you will share with any student you wish to be roommates with and your intended roommate will share theirs with you. You will use the pull-in PIN when you select your housing later on.
Apply for Housing
- Log in to your OnePort account and select “Campus Housing Application” on the left side of the page. Select the application that is appropriate for you. For example: First time freshmen will select “Freshmen."
- Follow the instructions on each page and use the navigation button at the bottom of each page to progress to the next. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email to your UNC Asheville email address.
- If you indicate interest in a Living Learning Community (LLC), you will be directed to the appropriate LLC application. You must successfully submit your LLC application to be considered for that specific community.
- You may make changes to your housing application until 11:59 pm on Sunday, June 28th. After that, no further updates can be made to your application.
What Happens Next?
- All students with a completed application by June 28th will receive an email with your designated appointment time to begin selecting your room and to choose your roommates. This is your first and best opportunity to select your room. The deadline to select your room is August 1st at 11:59 pm. After the deadline, the Housing Office will manually assign you to a space and you will be notified of your assignment by email. Students who have been approved to live in an LLC will not be able to self-assign, but will have your assignment made by the Housing Office. You will receive an email with your assignment and roommate information.
Selecting a Room and Choosing a Roommate
- You will be able to look at the building(s) you are interested in living in and see available spaces. While viewing a room, it will lock for 10 minutes, so that another student cannot view the space while you are making your decision. Locking a room is not choosing the room. You must click on the room and then click finish at the bottom of the page in order to be assigned to this space. After clicking finish, you will get a pop up showing that you have selected that room. Once you have successfully completed the process, you will receive an email to your UNC Asheville email address with your selection.
- When you applied for housing, you created a PIN. This PIN is used in conjunction with your preferred roommate’s email address, so that you can locate them and “pull” them into your room when it’s time to select your room. You can pull in roommates/suite mates to any remaining vacancies in your room or suite during your selection time. You are allowed to pull in as many roommates/suite mates as there are vacancies in your room or suite. Keep in mind that spaces may have been filled by students who are also participating in the room selection process, so roommate pull-in is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Follow these simple steps to pull in your preferred roommate/suite mate.
- Verify your roommate/suite mate(s) have applied for housing. Spaces cannot be held for future applicants.
- Collect your roommate/suite mate(s) information. To successfully pull in a roommate/suite mate(s), you must know their UNC Asheville email address and their pull-in PIN. Students wishing to live together must share this information with each other. You can reset your PIN at any time by logging into OnePort, selecting "Campus Housing Application", and then selecting "Update Profile." If you change your PIN, you will need to share it with any student(s) with whom you want to share a room or suite.
- Pull in your roommate/suite mate(s). One student may make the room selection provided htey have the email address and PIN for each student. It is up to the students who will make the room selection. We suggest the the student with the first appointment time make the selection for all. Once the selection has been made, each student involved in the process will receive an email notifying them of their assignment.
You will have the opportunity to change your room as many times as you like until 11:59 pm on August 1st. After August 1st, all room changes will be frozen until the next room change request period after the start of the semester. To make a room change, please follow the below steps:
- Log into OnePort, select, “Campus Housing Application”, “Freshmen,” and then “Select your room” button. You will only be able to see available spaces. As the summer goes on, spaces will become more and more limited.
- If you have participated in the roommate pull-in process and decided to change rooms, please notify any roommates/suite mates that you pulled-in or were pulled-in by during the room selection process, as another student will likely select or be assigned to the new vacancy in the room or suite.
- To view your new room assignment, please log into OnePort, select “Campus Housing Application”, “Forms & Agreements,” and “View My Roommate(s).”
School of Pharmacy Housing
Welcome to the campus of UNC Asheville. We are proud to be affiliated with UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy and hope that you will consider becoming a part of the on campus community.
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, UNC Asheville is just minutes from downtown, where you will find locally-owned coffee houses, live music, 30-plus art galleries, unique boutiques and fine dining. For the outdoor enthusiasts, you will find a host of activities to keep you busy.
Please read, complete, and submit the UNC Asheville Residential Pharmacy Student application
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 27, 2015