How do I request maintenance for my room?
Use the maintenance request form.
What is the resident student mailing address?
The Student Mail Center is located in Highsmith University Union between the bookstore and the food court. All student mail and packages will be received and picked up at this location. Hours of operations are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm but access to your mailbox is whenever Highsmith Union is open.
Individual mailing addresses follow this pattern:
UNCA Box # xxxx
2500 University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804
Summer Hours Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
View the Student Mail Center Mass Mailing Policy
What will be in my room?
All UNC Asheville's Residence Hall rooms come equipped with:
- Single bed
- Study desk with chair
- Window blinds
- Shower curtain
- Closet space
- MicroFridge® - a combination microwave, refrigerator and freezer
- Expanded basic cable television
- Direct and wireless internet service (computer labs are also available)
- Trash and recycling cans
What should I bring?
- Ethernet Cord (all buildings are equipped with wireless connection)
- Coax Cable (if you bring a TV)
- Desk Lamp & Extra Light Bulbs
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Laundry supplies
- Cleaning supplies (non-abrasive)
- Broom, dust pan, mop, small vacuum
- Flashlight and batteries (Please visit the UNC Asheville Emergency Prepardeness Page)
- Surge protector for all electronic equipment
- Poster putty or tape
- First Aid supplies
- Eating and cooking utensils
- Pillow, bed and bath linens (XL twin sheets)
All residence hall beds are extra long twin size, with the exception of some floors in Founders Hall, which are in the process of being converted to XL twin size over the next few years. We recommend that all students, regardless of assignment, bring XL twin sheet sets, as they will offer the most flexibility and will fit any of our beds, including current Founders Hall standard twin size; however, standard twin size sheets will not fit correctly on XL twin beds.
Turn your room into a comforting home away from home with the Residence Hall Linens program. The Residence Hall Association has partnered with Residence Hall Linens for several years to provide our students and families with a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have everything you need for life on campus. The extra long sheets and bedding products are guaranteed to fit all of the beds on campus, and there are matching towels and even storage items available to help make the transition to college life easier. All products are guaranteed until graduation, and shipping is free for all Value Pak orders. The Residence Hall Association receives proceeds from every order placed through this program. Parents and students who have taken advantage of this opportunity in previous years recommend placing your order early, since popular colors and patterns can sell out quickly. Please visit the RHL website or call (800) 957-4338.
What not to bring for my room?
- Candles, incense, hookah or any flame-associated products
- Pets (fish in 10-gallon or smaller tanks are allowed)
- String lights
- Tube lights
- Combustible or explosive materials, including weapons, ammunition, fireworks, smoke bombs, gasoline, and oil
- Toaster ovens
- Open-coil burners
- Hot plates
- Deep-fat fryers
- Hot-oil popcorn poppers
- Electric skillets, woks, griddles or grills
Any student using fireworks or smoke bombs or found to be in possession of a weapon may be removed from the residence halls immediately and will be subject to the UNC Asheville Citizenship Education System.
UNC Asheville's room and board fees for 2013-2014
- Standard Double Room: $2,261 per semester
- Overlook Hall Double Room: $2,325 per semester
- Single Room - Governors Hall: $2,963 per semester
- Single Room - Governors Village/Overlook Hall: $3,050 per semester
- Year-round housing - Moore Hall: $7,600 per year (paid in 3 installments)
- Meal Plan: $1,783 per semester
How do I do my laundry?
Laundry facilities are located at on the first floors of all the residence halls. Want to know the status of washers and dryers in your laundry facility on campus? Check it out online through LaundryView
Who is my Residential Assistant?
View the complete listing of all resident hall RA's.
Information for Parents
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs is to develop and implement programs and services that foster an inclusive, nurturing, and challenging community in which all students have the opportunity to engage in integrated and transformative learning which prepares them to be productive citizens of a global society and develop a lifelong commitment to learning and personal wellness. Knowing that parents and family members play a vital role in their student’s success, we value you as true partners in this endeavor. Please visit the UNC Asheville Family Page and don't forget about Family Weekend. If you can concerns about your student, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
How do I visit campus?
Being here is the best way to get a feel for UNC Asheville. So we encourage you to visit our campus as many times as you can. Come for an informal group tour, a campus-wide event or a personal chat with an Admissions staff member or faculty. The more you see us in action, the easier your decision will be. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your campus visit. Get more details or register for campus tours at UNC Asheville. Plan a visit
What if I can't find the answer to my question on this page?
If you have additional questions that were not answered here, please feel free to call us at 828.251.6700, or e-mail us at email@example.com, for more information.