Incoming Student Housing Application
Welcome, future UNC Asheville residents! We are glad that you have chosen on-campus housing for the Fall 2015 – Spring 2016 academic year.
Before you begin the online application process, please review the following information so you are aware how to apply, how to update your application, and how and when you will select your assignment.
At this time, it is unlikely that we will be able to house transfer students. We still encourage you to apply and will keep your application on file, and in the event that a space become available, we will contact you.
Housing Application Process
- All first time freshmen are required to live on campus.
- To apply for housing, you must be a fully admitted student and have made your $300 enrollment deposit ($150 tuition deposit and $150 housing deposit). The enrollment deposit can take 3-5 days to process and is non-refundable. If paying by check, please be sure to note your nine-digit Student ID number on your payment so your deposit is properly applied to your student account. The enrollment deposit must be processed through the University system and appear on your student account before you can apply for housing.
- Review your residence hall options to determine which hall and room type you prefer. You will be required to list 3 preferences. Year- round housing and Governors Village are not open to first time freshmen.
- If you are requesting a specific roommate, make sure you have their University email address. This is what you will use to search for them. When you complete your application, you will be asked to create a pull-in PIN. This is what you will share with any student you wish to be roommates with and your intended roommate will share theirs with you. You will use the pull-in PIN when you select your housing later on.
Apply for Housing
- Log in to your OnePort account and select “Campus Housing Application” on the left side of the page. Select the application that is appropriate for you. For example: First time freshmen will select “General Housing Application (For Freshmen)”.
- Follow the instructions on each page and use the navigation button at the bottom of each page to progress to the next. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email to your UNC Asheville email address.
- If you indicate interest in a Living Learning Community (LLC), you will be directed to the appropriate LLC application. You must successfully submit your LLC application to be considered for that specific community.
- You may make changes to your housing application until 11:59 pm on Sunday, June 28th. After that, no further updates can be made to your application.
What Happens Next?
- Later in the summer, you will receive an email with instructions on how to assign yourself to a room and choose your roommate. Students who have been approved to live in an LLC will not be able to self-select their assignment. Your assignment will be made by the Housing Office and you will receive an email with your assignment and roommate information.
- You will receive an email to your University email address with an appointment time to select your room/roommate. Appointment times will begin on Monday, June 29th.
- Once you have selected your housing, you will receive an email with confirmation of your assignment and roommate selection.
- Once you have selected your room, you cannot make changes. Please read the important information to find out about the room change request process.
School of Pharmacy Housing
Welcome to the campus of UNC Asheville. We are proud to be affiliated with UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy and hope that you will consider becoming a part of the on campus community.
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, UNC Asheville is just minutes from downtown, where you will find locally-owned coffee houses, live music, 30-plus art galleries, unique boutiques and fine dining. For the outdoor enthusiasts, you will find a host of activities to keep you busy.
Please read, complete, and submit the UNC Asheville Residential Pharmacy Student application
Room Change Request
Once you have selected a room during the room selection process, you will not be able to make changes to your assignment; however, you can request a room change. All room change requests must be submitted by 5:00 pm on July 15th. Room change requests will be reviewed and approved based upon availability. After July 15th, all room changes will be frozen until the next room change request period in August. To request a room change, please follow the below steps:
- Submit your room change request by logging into OnePort, selecting, “Campus Housing Application” and choosing the “Room Change Request Form” under the header of “Misc. Forms/Agreements.”
- All approvals/denials of your room change request will be emailed to you at your UNCA email address.
- If you receive an email notifying you that your room change request has been approved, please notify any roommates/ suite mates that you selected during the room selection process, as another student will likely be assigned to the new vacancy in the room or suite.
- To view your new room assignment, please login to OnePort, select “Campus Housing Application” and select “View My Current Assignment” at the top of the page.
Last edited by email@example.com on March 30, 2015