Welcome, future UNC Asheville residents! We are glad that you have chosen on-campus housing for Fall 2021.
Note: The Fall 2021 housing application will be available in the housing portal in February. The exact date is still to be determined.
Before you begin the online application process, please review the following information.
- All first-time freshmen are required to live on campus.
- To apply for housing, you must be a fully admitted student and have made your $300 enrollment deposit ($150 tuition deposit and $150 housing deposit). The enrollment deposit can take up to 2 business days to process through the University system and appear on your student account. It must post to your student account before you can apply for housing.
- Students who are currently living on campus do not need to reapply for spring housing.
Housing Application Process
Details and Deadlines
- The priority deadline to submit your housing application is May 1.
- By applying early, you will be able to select your room earlier.
- Room selection will begin summer of 2021. The deadline to select a room is TBD. Students who do not self-select will be manually assigned to a space by the Housing Office beginning January 4.
- In order to participate in room selection, all students must have a completed housing application on file. Applications completed by the deadline (date TBD), will receive an email from our office with your room/meal plan selection time.
- Applications received after the deadline (date TBD) will be manually assigned to a space by our office, beginning January 4.
Apply for Housing
- Log in to your OnePort account and select “On Campus” and then “Housing Portal” on the left side of the page. Select “Apply for Campus Housing”.
- Follow the instructions on each page and use the navigation button at the bottom of each page to progress to the next. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email to your UNC Asheville email address. You can update your housing application room selection begins in summer. After that, no further updates can be made to your application.
Selecting a Room, Choosing a Roommate/Suitemate, and Meal Plans
Visit our Room & Meal Plan Selection page for details on the room selection process.
What Happens Next?
- All students with a completed application by the deadline (date TBD) will receive an email with your designated selection time.
- Your selection time is your first and best opportunity to assign yourself to a room.
- Selections are limited for spring, so there will not be a variety of available spaces.
Watch a step-by-step video on how to select housing during the self-selection process.
Transfer Student Housing
- Transfer students are encouraged to apply early for the best selection time!
- Transfer students will follow the same timeline and deadlines as our new, incoming first time students, and select their room in summer.
- Transfer students are able to live in any residence hall on campus.