Welcome, future UNC Asheville residents! We are glad that you have chosen on-campus housing for Spring 2021.
Note: The Spring 2021 housing application will be available in the housing portal beginning on October 1st.
Before you begin the online application process, please review the following information.
- All first-time freshmen are required to live on campus.
- To apply for housing, you must be a fully admitted student and have made your $300 enrollment deposit ($150 tuition deposit and $150 housing deposit). The enrollment deposit can take up to 2 business days to process through the University system and appear on your student account. It must post to your student account before you can apply for housing.
- Students who are currently living on campus do not need to reapply for spring housing.
Housing Application Process
Details and Deadlines
- The priority deadline to submit your housing application is December 1.
- By applying early, you will be able to select your room earlier.
- Room selection will begin December 1. The deadline to select a room is 11:59 p.m. December 11. Students who do not self-select will be manually assigned to a space by the Housing Office beginning January 4.
- In order to participate in room selection, all students must have a completed housing application on file. Applications completed by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 30 , will receive an email from our office with your room/meal plan selection time.
- Applications received after December 4 will be manually assigned to a space by our office, beginning January 4.
- If you are requesting a specific roommate, who is also an incoming student, you can create a roommate group. You are not able to invite a current residential student to be in a roommate group, as they are already assigned housing. You do not have to create a roommate group to continue with your housing application.
- LLCs are not open for spring semester.
- Year-round housing is not available for spring semester.
Apply for Housing
- Log in to your OnePort account and select “Housing Portal” on the left side of the page. Select the spring housing application.
- Follow the instructions on each page and use the navigation button at the bottom of each page to progress to the next. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email to your UNC Asheville email address. You can update your housing application until 11:59 p.m. on December 10. After that, no further updates can be made to your application.
Selecting a Room, Choosing a Roommate/Suitemate, and Meal Plans
Visit our Room & Meal Plan Selection page for details on the room selection process.
What Happens Next?
- All students with a completed application by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 30 will receive an email with your designated selection time.
- Your selection time is your first and best opportunity to assign yourself to a room.
- Selections are limited for spring, so there will not be a variety of available spaces.
Transfer Student Housing
- Transfer students are encouraged to apply early for the best selection time!
- Transfer students will follow the same timeline and deadlines as our new, incoming first time students, and select their room in December.
- Transfer students are able to live in any residence hall on campus.