Room Selection Process
Room Selection for Spring 2020 will begin in early December. Students will receive an email about selection times before selection begins. Your designated selection time is your first and best opportunity to obtain the space you are hoping for.
- Once you have selected a room, you will receive an email with your housing assignment and the name of your roommate, if one has already selected the room. You can view your assignment and roommate information at any time by logging into OnePort, selecting “Housing Portal”, “Profile Information”, and “View My Roommate(s).”
- Students who submit a housing application and do not participate in selection of a room will be manually assigned to a space after December 15 by the Housing Office. You will be notified of your assignment via email to your UNC Asheville email address. Once an assignment has been made, all charges associated with breach of contract will be enforced. Learn more about breach of contract.
- Once you have selected your room, or the Housing Office selects a room for you, you are bound to the terms and conditions of the Housing Contract. Any cancellation of your contract for an unapproved reason will result in breach of contract and other charges. Learn more about cancellation of your housing assignment.
Selecting a Roommate/Suite Mate
During room selection, you will be able to see student information, including name, age, and the answers to their roommate preference questions, of students who are already assigned to a bed space and/or suite, to assist you in choosing a roommate. If you are trying to live with a current student, please verify with that student that they have a current vacancy in their room/suite. You can then search by available spaces in the room/suite. Please keep in mind that other students are going through the room selection process, and can assign themselves to any available space on campus, that is open to them during selection.
You will have the opportunity to request a room change during the official Room Change Period after the start of spring semester. Information regarding the room change request process will be emailed to residential students in January.
Meal Plan Selection
- During the room selection process, you will also be required to select a meal plan. All residential students, with the exception of those living in The Woods, are required to have a meal plan.
- If you do not participate in self-selection, the Housing office will default you to the 21 meal plan. You will have the opportunity to change your meal plan until midnight on the 3rd day of classes. More information will be sent to you regarding meal plan changes.
- Please visit the Dining Services website or contact them directly for more information regarding meal plan options.