Fall 2022 Room Selection Process
New Student Room Selection for Fall 2022 will begin in July. Students will receive an email about selection times before selection begins. Your designated selection time is your first and best opportunity to obtain the space you are hoping for.
- Once you have selected a room, you will receive an email with your housing assignment and the name of your roommate, if one has already selected into the room. You can view your assignment and roommate information at any time by logging into OnePort, selecting “Housing Portal”, “Profile Information”, and “View My Roommate(s).”
- Students who submit a housing application and do not participate in selection of a room will be manually assigned to a space on or after August 1, 2022 by the Housing Office. You will be notified of your assignment via email to your UNC Asheville email address. Once an assignment has been made, all charges associated with breach of contract will be enforced. Learn more about breach of contract.
- Once you have selected your room, or the Housing Office selects a room for you, you are bound to the terms and conditions of the Housing Contract. Any cancellation of your contract for an unapproved reason will result in breach of contract and other charges. Learn more about cancellation of your housing assignment.
Selecting a Roommate/Suite Mate
During room selection, you will be able to see student information, including name, age, and the answers to their roommate preference questions, of students who are already assigned to a bed space and/or suite, to assist you in choosing a roommate. If you are trying to live with a current student, please verify with the student that they have a current vacancy in their room/suite. You can then search by available spaces in the room/suite. Please keep in mind that other students are going through the room selection process, and can assign themselves to any available space on campus, that is open to them during selection.
You will have the opportunity to change your room until 11:59 pm on July 31. After the deadline, no room changes will be allowed until the official Room Change Request Period, ususally 1-2 weeks after the start of the fall semester.
Meal Plan Selection
- During the room selection process, you will also be required to select a meal plan. All residential students, with the exception of those living in The Woods, are required to have a meal plan.
- If you do not participate in self-selection, the Housing office will default you to the 21 meal plan. You will have the opportunity to change your meal plan until 11:59 pm on the 3rd day of classes. More information will be sent to you regarding meal plan changes.
- Please visit the Dining Services website or contact them directly for more information regarding meal plan options.