Welcome, future UNC Asheville residents! We are glad that you have chosen on-campus housing for Spring 2023.
Note: The Spring 2023 housing application will be available in the housing portal beginning September 1. Current residential students DO NOT need to reapply for spring housing.
Before you begin the online application process, please review the following information.
- All first-time freshmen are required to live on campus.
- To apply for housing, you must be a fully admitted student and have made your $300 enrollment deposit ($150 tuition deposit and $150 housing deposit). The enrollment deposit can take up to 2 business days to process through the University system and appear on your student account. It must post to your student account before you can apply for housing.
- First time freshmen are not allowed to live in the Woods or the Village.
Housing Application Process
To apply, please log into One Port, select “Campus Housing” and “Housing Portal.”
Please note: A new version of Safari, released in September 2020, is not compatible with our housing software. Please use Google Chrome to complete your housing application and subsequent room selection.
Details and Deadlines
- The deadline to submit your housing application for room self-selection is December 15.
- By applying early, you will be able to select your room earlier.
- Room selection will begin mid-December. The deadline to select a room is December 31. First year students who do not self-select will be manually assigned to a space by the Housing Office in early January.
- In order to participate in room selection, all students must have a completed housing application on file. Applications completed by the deadline of December 15 will receive an email from our office with your room/meal plan selection time.
- Applications received after the deadline of December 15 will be manually assigned to a space by our office, beginning January 3.
Apply for Housing
- Log in to your OnePort account and select “On Campus” and then “Housing Portal” on the left side of the page. Under the “New Student Process, select “Apply for Campus Housing”.
- Follow the instructions on each page and use the navigation button at the bottom of each page to progress to the next. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email to your UNC Asheville email address. You can update your housing application until room selection begins in summer. After that, no further updates can be made to your application.
Watch a step-by-step video on how to apply for housing.
Selecting a Room, Choosing a Roommate/Suitemate, and Meal Plans
Visit our Room & Meal Plan Selection page for details on the room selection process.
What Happens Next?
- All students with a completed application by the deadline December 15 will receive an email with your designated selection time.
- Your selection time is your first and best opportunity to assign yourself to a room.
- Selections are limited for spring, so there will not be a variety of available spaces.
Watch a step-by-step video on how to select housing during the self-selection process.
Transfer Student Housing
- Transfer students are encouraged to apply early for the best selection time!
- Transfer students will follow the same timeline and deadlines as our new, incoming first time students, and select their room in December.
- Transfer students are able to live in any residence hall on campus.