How do I request maintenance for my room?
Use the maintenance request form.
What is the resident student mailing address?
The Student Mail Center is located in Highsmith University Union between the bookstore and the food court. All residential student mail and packages will be received and picked up at this location. Packages can be picked up Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. You can access your mailbox to pick up letters whenever Highsmith Union is open.
New residentials students must visit the Student Mail Center to request a mailbox and key. Your mailbox will remain the same, while you are residential student, regardless of if you change residence halls or rooms.
Individual mailing addresses follow this pattern:
UNCA Box # xxxx
2500 University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804
If have questions about mail services, please feel free to call the Student Mail Center at 828.258.7679, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will be in my room?
All UNC Asheville's Residence Hall rooms come equipped with:
- Single bed
- Study desk with chair
- Window blinds
- Shower curtain
- Closet space
- MicroFridge® - a combination microwave, refrigerator and freezer
- Expanded basic cable television (to recieve cable service, your television must be equipped with a QAM tuner)
- Direct and wireless internet service (computer labs are also available)
- Trash and recycling cans
What should I bring?
- Ethernet Cord - optional (all buildings are equipped with wireless connection)
- Coax Cable (to receive cable service, your television must be equipped with a QAM tuner. A list of television models that may not have QAM tuners as well as other FAQ can be found at the Campus Televideo FAQ page.)
- Desk Lamp & Extra Light Bulbs
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Laundry supplies
- Cleaning supplies (non-abrasive)
- Broom, dust pan, mop, small vacuum
- Flashlight and batteries
- Surge protector for all electronic equipment
- Poster putty or tape
- First Aid supplies
- Eating and cooking utensils
- Pillow, bed and bath linens (XL twin sheets)
What not to bring for my room?
- Candles, incense, hookah or any flame-associated products
- Pets (fish in 10-gallon or smaller tanks are allowed)
- String lights
- Tube lights
- Combustible or explosive materials, including weapons, ammunition, fireworks, smoke bombs, gasoline, and oil
- Toasters or toaster ovens
- Open-coil burners
- Hot plates
- Deep-fat fryers
- Hot-oil popcorn poppers
- Electric skillets, woks, griddles or grills
- Halogen lamps
- Hover boards
Any student using fireworks or smoke bombs or found to be in possession of a weapon may be removed from the residence halls immediately and will be subject to the UNC Asheville Citizenship Education System.
For a complete list of approved or prohibited items, please see the Resident Student Handbook.
UNC Asheville's room and board fees for 2017-2018
- Meal Plan: $1,986 per semester
- Standard Double Room: $2,567 per semester
- Overlook Hall Double Room: $2,640 per semester
- Single Room - Governors Hall: $3,266 per semester
- Single Room - Governors Village/Overlook Hall: $3,363 per semester
- Year-round housing - Moore Hall: $8,378 per year (paid in 3 installments: $3,693 in Fall, $3,693 in Spring, and $992 in Summer)
- Room fee refunds are calculated based on a nightly rate.
How do I do my laundry?
Laundry facilities are located at on the first floors of all the residence halls. Want to know the status of washers and dryers in your laundry facility on campus? Check it out online through LaundryView.
Who is my Residential Assistant?
Information for Parents
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs is to develop and implement programs and services that foster an inclusive, nurturing, and challenging community in which all students have the opportunity to engage in integrated and transformative learning which prepares them to be productive citizens of a global society and develop a lifelong commitment to learning and personal wellness. Knowing that parents and family members play a vital role in their student’s success, we value you as true partners in this endeavor. Please visit the UNC Asheville Family Page and don't forget about Family Weekend. If you can concerns about your student, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
How do I visit campus?
Being here is the best way to get a feel for UNC Asheville. So we encourage you to visit our campus as many times as you can. Come for an informal group tour, a campus-wide event or a personal chat with an Admissions staff member or faculty. The more you see us in action, the easier your decision will be. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your campus visit. Get more details and register for campus tours at UNC Asheville.
What if I can't find the answer to my question on this page?
If you have additional questions that were not answered here, please feel free to call us at 828.251.6700, or e-mail us at email@example.com, for more information.