What will be in my room?
All UNC Asheville’s Residence Hall rooms come equipped with:
- Single bed
- Study desk with chair
- Window blinds
- Shower curtain
- Closet space
- MicroFridge® – a combination microwave, refrigerator and freezer
- Philo TV – a streaming service offered exclusively to residential students for watching live TV on devices across campus
- Direct and wireless internet service (computer labs are also available)
- Trash and recycling cans
What should I bring?
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Pillow, blanket, and bed linens (XL twin sheets)
- Towels, washcloths, bath mat, and other person hygiene items for suite bathroom
- Clothes hangers, laundry hamper, and laundry detergent
- Rain gear and winter clothing
- Microwave-safe dishes
- Command Strips or poster putty
- Non-abrasive cleaning supplies
- First Aid supplies
- Desk Lamp & Extra Light Bulbs
- Flashlight and batteries
- Surge protector for all electronic equipment
- Ethernet Cord – optional (all buildings are equipped with wireless connection)
What should I NOT bring?
- Candles, incense, hookah, or any flame-associated products
- Pets (fish in 10-gallon or smaller tanks are allowed)
- String lights and tube lights that containt halogen bulbs are prohibited (LED string lights and LED lights strips are allowed – no more than 3 sets)
- Combustible or explosive materials, including weapons, ammunition, fireworks, smoke bombs, gasoline, and oil
- Toasters or toaster ovens
- Open-coil burners
- Hot plates
- Deep-fat fryers
- Hot-oil popcorn poppers
- Electric skillets, woks, griddles, or grills
- Halogen lamps
- Hover boards
Any student using fireworks or smoke bombs or found to be in possession of a weapon may be removed from the residence halls immediately and will be subject to the UNC Asheville Citizenship Education System.
For a complete list of approved or prohibited items, please see the Resident Student Handbook.