Fall classes will begin on Monday, August 10th. Please see below for more information regarding move-in and check-in. Continuing students returning to the residence halls have received an email with information about how to sign up for a move-in date and time. New, incoming students will receive a similar email once room selection has taken place and they have an assignment.
Please visit the Registrar's page to view the full academic calendar.
On-campus Housing Fall 2020 – Move-in & Check-in Process
Given the early semester start date of August 10, the housing calendar will also shift forward. This hybrid schedule spread out over several weeks is done in order to give students and families as much flexibility as possible, while adhering to public health guidance regarding physical distancing and reducing mass gatherings.
(For the sake of the following bullet points and throughout this document, “move-in” is defined as students moving in their belongings, but not actually receiving their permanent room key and OneCard in order to remain in their residence hall space. “Check-in” is defined as students receiving their room key, OneCard, additional items, and remaining in their assigned spaces).
- Move-in will begin July 17, 2020 and will occur 2 consecutive weekends. Depending on availability, these dates July 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26 are open to any student regardless if they are a continuing or an incoming residential student. Also, any student athlete, student employee, pre-Rendezblue participant, etc., can select on these weekends. There will be 3 time periods each day. (9am-noon, 1pm-4pm, 5pm-8pm)
- Year round residents can move-in and check in to Cedar & Magnolia August 2, 2020 and will receive separate communication.
- Resident Assistants (RAs) will check-in on August 2, 2020. Specific information will be sent to RAs.
- Pre-Rendezblue participants will check-in on August 2, 2020. Specific information will be sent to those participants.
- Other student groups, including student athletes and student employees, will check-in between August 2-August 9. These groups will receive separate communication depending on their needs.
- Housing check-in for incoming resident students will be August 4-6, 2020, and incoming resident students can also move-in at this time, if they didn't move-in during July weekends.
- Housing check-in for continuing resident students will be August 8-9, 2020, and continuing resident students can also move-in at this time, if they didn't move-in during July weekends.
Further explanations, details, and expectations:
All students provided the option of:
- (Option A)“moving-in” their belongings the last two weekends of July (Friday-Sunday) July 17-19 and July 24-26 and then not staying in the residence halls until they “check-in” in August.
- (Option B) incoming resident students can choose to “move-in” completely and “check-in” to remain on campus Tuesday-Thursday, August 4-6, 2020.
- (Option B) continuing resident students can choose the weekends in July to “move-in” and/or they could “check-in” August 8-9.
- Students will select which day and time they will “move-in” once they have selected their room assignment. All time slots based on availability.
At the July “move-in” option, students will be given a temporary access card and temporary key. They will return these temporary items when finished with “move-in” and before leaving campus.
- Students are allowed two additional people to assist them with “move-in”.
- If residents or those helping them have symptoms common with COVID19, their “move-in” date will be changed.
- All students and those helping with move-in assistance will follow University guidance regarding face coverings.
- Elevators will be monitored by staff volunteers during move-in. Capacity will be limited.
- Luggage carts monitored and disinfected by housekeeping staff in each area.
If you have specific questions regarding "move-in" and "check-in", please contact our office at email@example.com.