Below, you will find the housing contracts for both academic and year-round for the current 2023-2024 and the upcoming 2024-2025 year. Please read the contract carefully.
2023-2024 Housing Contracts
2024-2025 Housing Contracts
Rocky Pet Program Policy Terms and Conditions
The UNC Asheville Housing and Residence Life Pet Policy allows resident students the privelege or bringing their family pet (cat or dog) to live on campus while the student is enrolled. The Rocky Pet Program is limited to continuing students only and will be housed in single rooms on the 2nd floor breezeway of Governors Hall. Please read below for important information regarding the Rocky Pet Program.
Residence Hall Lock Out Policy
Students are “locked out” when they have exhausted all possibilities for locating their room key, including waiting for roommates to return home if the key was left in the room. If a student is locked out after 5pm they should call the RA On Call for assistance. A Resident Assistant will meet the student at their room to unlock the door to the room. Students must have their UNC Asheville OneCard or other appropriate picture identification which can be checked to verify that they are the resident of the room in which they are trying to gain access.
- During normal business hours of 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday, students should come to the Housing & Residence Life office, located in Governors Hall, to be given a loaner key.
- After hours and on weekends, they can contact the RA On Call for their residence hall.
- If the student cannot locate their key, they must submit a lock change request through the Housing portal. The student will be billed $75 for the lock change.
- The first lockout of each semester is free of charge. The second lockout costs $5.00, the third is $10.00, and the charge will increase by $5.00 for each additional lockout.
Things to keep in mind
- Loaner keys are to be returned within 24 hours. If you have left it at home, we will work with you to establish a reasonable deadline date for the return of a loaner key.
- If the loaner key is not returned by the deadline or becomes lost, a lock change will be scheduled at your expense ($75).
- If a student reaches a sixth lock-out, they will be asked to schedule a non-disciplinary meeting with their Area Director or Graduate Community Director to discuss their lock outs.
If you have lost your keys, there is a Lost & Found in the Highsmith University Union. Please call 828.251.6600 and ask if your keys have been turned in before requesting a lock change.
Resident Student Card Access
- Residential students obtain access to the residence halls through their RockyCard, which works with our card access system.
- Residents have 24-hour access to the primary (front) door of your residence hall.
- All residents have access from 7 am until 11 pm to secondary doors of all residence halls (this includes back door at Mills Hall, back door at Governors Hall on soccer field side, West Ridge parking garage door, and Founders Hall first floor door).
- All residents have access to all other residence halls primary (front) doors from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- NO residents will have access to Village accessible suite doors. This door enters directly into the suite and cannot be accessed at any time.
If you are attempting to enter the residence halls during the allowed times and cannot gain access, please come to Housing and Residence Life, during normal business hours of 8 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday. After hours, please contact the RA on call, for a temporary access card, which must be returned the following business day by noon. Failure to return the card will result in a $25 charge being placed on your student account. The temporary access card can only be used for access to your residence hall.
“Main doors” is in reference to the following six doors: West Ridge front entrance on 2nd floor, South Ridge front entrance on 2nd floor, Mills Hall front entrance on 2nd floor, Founders Hall front entrance on 2nd floor, Governors Hall 1st floor entrance on west side of building, Governors Hall 2nd floor entrance from University Heights on east side of building.
“Secondary doors” is in reference to the following five doors: Founders Hall front entrance on 1st floor, Mills Hall back entrance from volleyball court area, Governors Hall 2nd floor entrance at each end of the breezeway, West Ridge 2nd floor entrance near parking deck.
Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Furniture Set Up Requests
For maintenance requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All residence halls are non-smoking facilities. Students must also comply with UNC Asheville’s smoking policy.