- Serves: First year students
- Location: West Ridge Hall 3rd Floor
- Must participate in monthly hall events
- Must participate in monthly activities with The Key Center for Community Engaged Learning
- Enroll in ESI 101 course (“Intro in Ethics and Social Institutions”)
For questions about this LLC, please contact Anna Claire Jackson, Area Director for Ponder and The Ridges, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LEAD LLC is a residential community for students interested in learning about social issues and their impact on society, as well as exploring their personal responsibility in identifying and addressing social injustices in the world.
Students participating in this LLC will:
- Engage in identity exploration that encourages continual self-awareness
- Work collaboratively with the Key Center for Community Engaged Learning to develop and cultivate their leadership style and skills
- Learn multiple strategies for promoting social change using the Social Change Wheel framework in a caring and inclusive community.
Students participating in the LEAD LLC will live in West Ridge Hall and will be exposed to a variety of leadership and community engagement opportunities with their hall, including:
- leadership workshops,
- visits to historical and educational locations off-campus,
- volunteering on campus and in the Asheville community