- Serves: First year students
- Location: South Ridge Hall 3rd Floor
- Joint Class: FYS 178-Happiness and Healthfulness
- Must participate in monthly hall events
For questions about this LLC, please contact Dr. Melanie Fox, Associate Dean of Students, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The THRIVE LLC is a residential community for first-year students looking for a socially supportive environment to help in a healthy and successful transition to college life at UNC Asheville.
Students in this LLC will:
- Share a First-Year Experience course together in the fall.
- Think deeply about their reasons for attending college in order to visualize accomplishments at UNC Asheville and beyond.
- Set goals and identify campus resources in order to achieve those accomplishments.
- Learn strategies to promote holistic wellbeing based on the 8 Dimensions of Wellness that will help them thrive through their first-year experience.
Students participating in the THRIVE LLC will live in a designated hall within South Ridge Hall, and will be exposed to a variety of academic and social opportunities that will help them form meaningful connections to the campus community, including:
- workshops facilitated by faculty and staff on a variety of topics (study abroad, internship opportunities, financial aid, etc.),
- first-year experience course in fall semester,
- time management and study skills sessions,
- social opportunities with peers on their hall to develop study groups and support networks