The Rocky Pet Program – Pet Friendly Housing in Governors Hall
NEW for fall 2023, we are introducing The Rocky Pet Program, a pilot program to allow students to register to bring their pet! Located on the 2nd floor breezeway of Governors Hall, this program is open to continuing students only, at this time, and approved pets are cats and dogs. Certain restrictions apply.
Details and Deadlines
- Students with an approved pet will reside on the 2nd floor breezeway in Governors Hall in single rooms.
- Permitted pets are cats and dogs, at least 1 year in age, and not to exceed 40 lbs. fully grown. No puppies or kittens allowed. Certain dog restrictions do apply.
- Only 1 pet per suite is allowed.
- Pet will only be allowed in the designated suite, and not allowed free roam of the residence hall.
- $250 non refundable pet registration fee is due at time of registration (if you are not approved, you will refunded the registration fee).
- Registration and fee must be completed by July 1.
- Pet must be fully vaccinated and dogs must be treated for fleas and ticks prior to arriving to campus.
- Pets must be spayed/neutered.
- Pets will be required to wear both rabies vaccination tags and UNC Asheville Pet tag (to be given to you when you check into your residence hall).
For complete rules and regulation information on The Rocky Pet Program, please review the pet policy terms and conditions here.
To apply to register your pet for this program, please complete the Pet Registration Request Form, located in the Forms and Agreements section of the Housing Portal.
Please note: This is a separate process from ESA/Service Animals. The request process for assistance animals is still through the Office of Academic Accessibility. Please see the University of North Carolina Asheville Assistance Animal Policy for guidance for these animals.